You can raise your HCAPS scores by doing a little research measuring your patient satisfaction levels. Because there are no tools that take the curtains into consideration, we have developed a five-point Likert scale that includes room decor into the questions asked to properly measure the effect the curtains have on patients.
1 is Very Poor, 2 is Poor, 3 is Fair, 4 is Good, and 5 is Very Good.
- Timely response to Call Lights/requests?
- Friendliness/Courtesy of Nurses?
- Attention paid to your special needs?
- How well the Nurses helped you understand your treatments, tests and condition?
- Skill of Nurses?
- How did the room decor (curtains, room size, etc.) add to your comfort level?
- Rate your overall hospital Experience?
- (Optional) Signature
You can alter the questions to suit your objective or add more. But there is only so much space and asking too many questions can limit response levels.